Nnamdi Kanu

The leader of the indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu has on Sunday delivered a World Press Conference to intimate his loyalists on his next course of action. This first public broadcast after his sudden reappearance took place in Jerusalem and commenced at exactly 6:00pm via the Radio Biafra Facebook page.

What did Nnamdi Kanu say?

During the live broadcast, Nnamdi Kanu assured members of IPOB that he has returned fully saying ” I have returned full-time, I am coming home and I will bring hell with me,”

Although he didn’t give a specific time or purpose, it is believed that he intends to vigorously challenge the Federal Government who he maintains forced him into exile.


Nnamdi Kanu


Kanu also accused the Federal Government of orchestrating plans to kill and detain him unlawfully. He maintains this informed his decision to flee Nigeria after his home in Afara-Ukwu, Umuahia, Abia State was invaded by the Nigerian Army on September 14, 2018.

“They are doing all they can to hold us down but we are still here. They fabricate falsehood.

“IPOB is very special. The largest black movement in the world,” he claimed.

Kanu criticised the federal government for describing IPOB as a terrorist organisation and on the other hand appreciated the Isreali and US governments for not proscribing IPOB as such.

Is Kanu open to talks with the Nigerian Government?

While maintaining his innocence, Kanu’s major agitation is the arrangement of a referendum with the government. He called on the federal government to set a date for the process as he believes this is the only way Biafra can be allowed in the society.

“I committed no offence known to law, my only weapon is the microphone and the voice God has given me, IPOB is committed to the liberation of Ibo Land and we won’t rest until we have referendum.”

“We will not relent till referendum is conducted. We stand for the truth. It’s referendum or nothing else”, he said.

What is Nnamdi Kanu accused of?

Nnamdi Kanu is facing charges of treasonable felony at the Federal High Court in Abuja due to his strong stance and belief in the independence of Biafra. Prior to his disappearance, Kanu was arrested alongside three others on October 14, 2015 in Lagos. However, Justice Binta Nyako on May 5, 2017, granted him bail on health grounds and adjourned the matter to November.

The self-exiled leader had also called for a boycott of elections in Anambra last November if government failed to set a date for a referendum.

Efforts for the success of the boycott proved futile as clashes occured between IPOB members and soldiers two months to the elections.

Subsequently, Kanu’s whereabouts has remained unknown until his sudden reappearance on Friday in a footage taken in Jerusalem.

However, he has promised to return to court if he is guaranteed fair hearing and assured of transparent proceedings in court.

Facebook Comments